What are the shipping costs?
- Switzerland: 8 CHF, free shipping from an order value of 200 CHF.
- Germany: 8 €, free shipping from an order value of 200 €.
- Other EU countries: The shipping costs are displayed in the checkout process, free shipping from an order value of 200 €.
- All other countries: The shipping costs are displayed in the checkout process.
Which parcel service providers does FlowRow use?
- Switzerland: Swiss Post
- Germany: DHL
- Other EU countries: UPS
- All other countries: You can choose between DHL and UPS in the checkout process
How long will it take until I receive my parcel?
- Each FlowRow Board is individually assembled according to your wishes. We are a small manufactory. After receiving your order, we usually assemble your FlowRow Board within 2 working days and hand it over to the parcel service.
- In exceptional cases it may take longer. In this case, we will send you a message to let you know that we are taking care of your order.
- The delivery times of the parcel service providers vary.
- Switzerland: You will usually receive your parcel the next working day after we have handed it over to Swiss Post.
- Germany: Your parcel will usually reach you 1-3 working days after it has been handed over to DHL.
- Other EU countries: Your parcel will usually reach you 2-5 working days after it has been handed over to UPS.
- All other countries: During the checkout process, the approximate delivery times for DHL and UPS for your country are displayed.
How can I pay?
- You can pay by PayPal, credit card or Apple Pay. For Switzerland and all EU countries, we also offer the option of prepayment by bank transfer.
Do I have to pay customs duty or VAT?
- Switzerland: Your parcel will be sent within Switzerland. You therefore do not have to pay any customs duties. The statutory VAT is included in the product price.
- All EU countries: Your parcel will be delivered from Germany. You therefore do not have to pay any customs duties. The statutory VAT is included in the product price.
- USA: Your parcel will be delivered from Germany. This is a tax-free export delivery. The product price therefore does not include VAT. Customs duties are generally not incurred. Please note that we cannot guarantee the customs duties applicable in your country.
- All other countries: We deliver from Germany. This is a tax-free export delivery. The product price therefore does not include VAT. As a rule, you must pay the VAT applicable in your country in the form of import sales tax and any customs duties directly to the parcel service provider. In addition, the parcel service provider may charge a handling fee. Please note that we cannot accept any liability for the customs duties applicable in your country.
My order is incomplete or incorrect
- We are sorry about that.
- Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will take care of your request immediately.
Do you deliver VAT-free to business customers?
- For delivery addresses in Switzerland or the EU, statutory VAT is included in the product price.
- For corporate customers with a VAT identification number and a delivery address within the EU but outside Germany, we can deliver the goods as an intra-Community delivery without VAT.
- Please send us an e-mail with the following details:
- the product you want to order
- the billing address of the company
- the VAT identification number
- the delivery address
- the desired payment method (PayPal, credit card or advance payment by bank transfer)
How long can I return a product?
How do I return a product?
- Please write to email@example.com
- You will then receive all the necessary information for the return shipment.
- As soon as we have received your return, we will check the items.
- If everything is complete and without signs of use, we will refund the purchase price immediately.
Why are there different training levels for the FlowRow Board?
- Similar to rowing boats, the FlowRow Board is also available in different versions.
- A rowing boat for rowers with a higher body weight is more stable. With the FlowRow Board, this corresponds to a lower training level. The rubber compound is correspondingly harder and the board is therefore more stable.
- However, rowing boats are not only divided into weight classes, but there are also narrower boats for more technically experienced rowers and wider boats for less ambitious rowers.
- A narrower boat requires a better sense of balance. With the FlowRow Board, this corresponds to a higher training level.
- Therefore, choose the training level of the FlowRow Board according to your body weight and sense of balance.
How is the training level exchanged?
- Each training level corresponds to a balancing mechanism consisting of two steel discs with natural rubber between them.
- This balancing mechanism is attached to the top and bottom plate of the balance board with one Allen screw each.
- The conversion kits for the training levels include a large Allen key that can be used to loosen the two screws for each balance board.
- Replacing the balancing mechanism only takes a few minutes and requires no manual skills.
What is the difference between the training levels (1 to 6) and the rubber pads, with which I can also influence the level of difficulty?
- The higher the training level, the softer the rubber compound of the balancing mechanism. A softer rubber compound makes the FlowRow Board more unstable.
- The rubber pads do not change the rigidity of the FlowRow Board, but they do limit its maximum range of motion. This is particularly helpful at the beginning so that you can get used to the new training device.
- You can visualize the different training levels as a rowing boat. Your rowing boat becomes narrower and narrower at higher training levels and therefore increasingly difficult to balance.
- In contrast, you can imagine the rubber pads as oars that support the boat on the water. Another image for the support provided by the rubber pads would be the training wheels on a bicycle.
Why are there anti-slip washers between the balancing mechanism and the top and bottom boards?
- The anti-slip washers prevent the boards from twisting against each other when the screws are tightened.
- Particularly with the softer training levels, it would be difficult to prevent the boards from twisting when tightening the screws without anti-slip washers.
Can I also buy the FlowRow Board in a sports store?
- Yes, the FlowRow Board is also available in selected sports stores.
- Please note that most sports stores purchase the product from WaterRower/Nohrd GmbH, with whom we have a license agreement.
- The boards in those stores are generally only available for the WaterRower in black with training level 2.
- However, the FlowRow Board from WaterRower/Nohrd is geometrically and functionally identical to the FlowRow Board manufactured by us.
I bought my FlowRow Board from WaterRower/Nohrd or from a specialist dealer. What training level does the board have? Are the additional training levels from your online store suitable for my FlowRow Board?
- If the FlowRow Board does not have a sticker with the training level, then it has level 2.
- The FlowRow Board from WaterRower/Nohrd and our FlowRow Board are geometrically and functionally identical.
- The additional training levels from our online store are therefore also suitable for your FlowRow Board.
Why do you need three balance boards for the WaterRower A1?
- The WaterRower A1 rowing machine is supported by rubber feet in three different positions on the floor, namely at the front, in the middle and at the back. Balance boards are therefore required at all three of these positions to ensure optimum functionality and guarantee the stability of the rowing machine.
What is the composition of the balance weight for the FlowRow Board for the Concept 2? Does the material contain lead, nickel or chrome?
- According to the material data sheet, the material used does not contain lead, nickel or chromium.
- To date, we are not aware of any elements in this material that pose a health risk.
I haven't rowed for some time and would now like to start rowing again in combination with the FlowRow Board. How often should I train initially to build muscle, increase endurance and burn fat?
- It's best to start with twice a week for 30 minutes; the first 5 minutes really easy and then continue at a comfortable pace.
- If this becomes too monotonous, you can do a few faster strokes, for example 4 x 10 strokes. Continue rowing at a comfortable pace between the faster strokes.
- At the end of a workout, you should cool down for 3 minutes and ideally stretch for a few more minutes.
- The FlowRow Board makes training more exciting and you feel an effect in your core right from the start.
- Take your time to increase the volume and frequency of your training. Then you can enjoy rowing and don't have to torture yourself.
- After two weeks, you can either add a third training session per week or extend the two training sessions from 30 to 45 minutes.
- If you wish, you can slowly increase the intensity after 4 to 5 weeks. However, make sure that a maximum of one third of your total training is intensive. Two thirds of your training should remain extensive.